Sunday, December 28, 2008

Future Studio.

Bedroom studio.

Audio Interface



M-Audio's Fast Track Pro audio interface. An upgrade from the Fast Track, equiped with a preamp that will allow me to power certain mics with phantom power. It has two main inputs which is all i really need for now. This will allow a direct signal from mics or instruments into my computer.

Condenser Microphone
Rode NT1A Studio Condenser Microphone. A decently priced condenser mic for vocals. It's not in the 5 to 600's like some more high-end condenser mics, but it'll be a good start for me to learn on. Until that time, i'll make do with descent yet cheap equip, then upgrade later on.

Dynamic Microphone

The Shure SM57 Cardiod Dynamic Microphone. They say it's the workhorse of the studio. It can be used for instruments or even vocals, basically any sound I want to record. I'm debating whether I should get the condenser mic or this one first. I feel like I'd get a better source for vocals with the condenser, but this one will be great for guitar.

As well as cables, stands, and turning my closet into a vocal box, these three things should last me a good amount of time. I could use better recording software, and perhaps a mac to make things go smoother, but I gotta start learning somewhere. Eventually, I'd like to upgrade mics, get a mixer, and a few more mics, then I can record full live band. By myself though, I should be able to produce some pretty good sound with little equip, especially if I implement my brother's keyboard because it has a whole crap load of instruments I could sample. I'm pretty excited to learn how to master great sound, then maybe I could do it for some side things and such. 'twill be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment